Applications for a full time Lower School Classroom Teacher are now being accepted for the
2018-2019 school year. San Marcos Academyís Lower School will service K-5 th grade students in a
self-contained classroom. This full time position requires teaching a predetermined curriculum in
a nurturing Christian environment, 7:45 until 3:45 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Teaching the predetermined curriculum of multiple subject areas
- Provide tutorials before and after school as needed
- Serve as an advisor and role model for students
- Observe policies, procedures, and directives from school administration.
- Implement effective classroom and behavior management skills
- Work collegially with others
- Implement basic computer skills and keep current with grade-book, lesson plans, and support materials
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelorís Degree in the teaching discipline (preferred)
- Teaching certification in the specified grade level (i.e. EC-4, EC-6, 4-8, all-level) (preferred)
- Knowledge of approved curriculum as dictated by the TEA in alignment with the TEKS
- 2 years teaching experience (preferred)
- Possess strong computer and other technology device skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Class sizes are small
- Opportunity to work with international students
- Group Insurance AND Retirement plans are available (optional)
- Teaching schedule follows the school calendar for holidays
Determined by experience
To be considered for an interview, an application must be submitted.
Social media such as LinkedIn and Facebook should not be used to respond to this job posting or
submit documents. Directions for obtaining and submitting and application follow:
An application may be accessed on the
Please print and complete this form and return to the Human Resources Department at the Academy.
You may return the form and any requested documents to the Academy in one of the following ways:
scan and email to
fax to 512-753-8031, mail to the address on the application, or deliver to the main reception desk on campus.